Please contact the Rectory at 289-5539 for additional contact information.
St. Peter Claver Catholic Worker Community and Our Lady of the Road Center
Donations: monetary donations for our utilities and mortgage; a good used truck, laundry soap, coffee, cooking oils, personal hygiene products, socks, underwear, used clothes, hats, gloves, scarves, coats, used plastic grocery bags.
- preparing breakfast at Our Lady of the Road Drop-In Center, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 8 a.m.-12 noon.
- preparing dinner at St. Peter Claver House at 515 South St. Joseph Street, 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. every night.
- anyone with special skills such as carpentry will always find a project that needs to be done!
Catholic Peace Fellowship
Guided by a personalist philosophy, the Catholic Peace Fellowship works for peace before, during, and after war through education, counseling, advocacy, and accompaniment. The Catholic Peace Fellowship (CPF) offers practical and pastoral support to military and veterans who are struggling with the contradiction between their personal participation in war and their consciences. For more information on the services provided by the CPF contact the staff by telephone at 574.339.1100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. More information can be found at www.catholicpeacefellowship.org
or at www.facebook.com/Catholic.Peace.Fellowship
St. Vincent de Paul Society
Vincentians serve Jesus by serving the poor through home visits, delivering food or vouchers for clothing and furniture. Others give their support by providing food items, volunteering time in the pantry, office or thrift store, or with monetary donations.
Don Sieg, President
Volunteers facilitate the wheelchair-bound and other handicapped residents of the Ironwood Health and Rehabilitation Center to get from their rooms to the congregation area for a weekly Mass. Anointing of the Sick is also offered quarterly.
Pat Sell and Mary Ann Kwiecinski
Southfield Village Ministers
Residents are able to partake in weekly worship and a full Communion Service, due to the aid of St. Matthew parishioners. Our deacon then visits the sick with blessings and prayers.
Deacon Emilio Gizzi
St. Joseph County Right to Life actively seeks participation from St. Matthew parishioners through the following yearly events:
- National Life Chain
- Mother’s Day flower sale,
- Annual Right to Life membership dinner
- Educational pro-life signature ad reaching the wider Michiana community around Roe v. Wade January 22nd Anniversary
- March for Life in downtown South Bend
- High school and college Life Defenders Boot Camp
- Ongoing volunteering opportunities and collaboration with the Gabriel Project, Women’s Care Center, Hannah’s House and Project Rachel